Customer Service and Events Assistant (Apprentice)
Title: Customer Service and Events Assistant (Apprentice)
Reporting: Head of Weddings and Events
Location: The Estate Office, Powderham Castle
The primary objective of the Customer Service and Events Assistant Apprentice is to support the visitor attraction and events teams in administrative tasks.
The role is predominantly office based, assisting the events team in their tasks; responding to enquiries, taking phone calls, coordinating meetings and events calendars and dealing with box office queries from ticket holders.
The Apprentice will have the chance to work within all teams at the castle, as well as be involved in organising and assisting at events produced by Powderham.
We keep our values of Community, Inclusivity, Sustainability, Adventure and Authenticity at the core of everything we do, and you will be expected to demonstrate these in your work.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist events team in all administrative duties
- Help with ticketing and box office enquiries for events at the castle
- Oversee castle’s inbox and responding to emails in a timely manner
- Take phone calls and messages for events and attraction teams
- Help in co-ordination of the events calendar
- Assist at events and weddings held at the castle, including set up and pack down
- Assist with social media scheduling
- Greeting visitors to the Estate Office and monitoring electric gates
- Coordination of meeting spaces within the castle
- Minute taking in meetings
- Welcoming, personable and enjoys a customer focussed environment
- Able to deal with a fast-paced office, with many different activities taking place each day
- Good administration skills
- Willingness to learn and get involved in an outgoing team
- Polite, organised and well presented
- Able to sometimes work on weekends and during evenings (this is generally when events take place!)
- Considerate of all visitors and colleagues
- Respectful of the historic environment in which you will be working
Training: This Apprenticeship will include 1 day a week at Exeter College.
Qualification: The Apprentice will achieve a Level 2 or Level 3 Apprenticeship upon completion (dependent on current level of applicant).
Progression: Powderham are looking to employ an Apprentice with the view for progression to a permanent role within the Powderham Events Team upon completion, for the right candidate.
Holiday: The Apprentice will receive 28 paid holiday days per year.
Travel: Powderham can be accessed by the number 2 bus from Exeter, Exminster, Starcross, Dawlish, Teignmouth or Newton Abbott. Starcross train station is also a 15-20 minute walk away.
Diversity and Inclusivity: Powderham is an LGBTQ+ friendly employer and warmly welcomes individuals from all backgrounds.
Pension: Successful candidate will be eligible to join the Estate pension scheme.
Please email a CV and covering letter to apply.
Contact: Ella Fielding
Contact Email: [email protected]