If you’re looking to get involved in an enthusiastic team, to meet new people or to improve your historical knowledge, why not get involved with Powderham Castle’s first ever volunteer team? We have lots of opportunities available in multiple areas of the business, all working towards providing our visitors with the best experience possible and to keep this iconic family home available to all. Whether one area takes your fancy or you’d like to lend a hand in multiple areas, we can find something to fit you!
What you’ll be doing as a Welcome Assistant:
- Assisting members of the Visitor Welcome and Guiding team in giving a warm welcome to all visitors
- Being familiar with Powderham and keen to learn about the castle’s history and visitor attraction
- Assisting in the selling of tickets and guidebooks
- Providing visitors with relevant castle information, i.e. tour times, maps, events etc.
- Welcoming visitors to Open House during school holidays
The things we are looking for in you:
- A warm and friendly attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- An enthusiasm and passion for history/historical buildings
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to meet new people and become part of a dedicated team
- A supportive and encouraging environment to grow your skills and knowledge
- A place to learn and experience new things
- Tickets to events at the Castle
A full induction and till training will be provided where necessary. All ages from 18 years and over are welcome.