If you’re looking to get involved in an enthusiastic team, to meet new people or to improve your historical knowledge, why not get involved with Powderham Castle’s first ever volunteer team? We have lots of opportunities available in multiple areas of the business, all working towards providing our visitors with the best experience possible and to keep this iconic family home available to all. Whether one area takes your fancy or you’d like to lend a hand in multiple areas, we can find something to fit you!
What you’ll be doing as a Conservation/Housekeeping Assistant:
- Assisting the Housekeeping team in preserving the Castle and its artifacts.
- Working within a small team on a variety of projects such as preserving and cataloguing our books, cleaning and repairing antiques and treating our wood and furniture
- Engaging with members of the public and answering questions about the work you’re doing
The things we are looking for in you:
- A warm and friendly attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- An enthusiasm and passion for history/historical buildings
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to meet new people and become part of a dedicated team
- A supportive and encouraging environment to grow your skills and knowledge
- A place to learn and experience new things
- Tickets to events at the Castle
A full induction and till training will be provided where necessary. All ages from 18 years and over are welcome.