Seasonal Role March - November
Various Hours / Days
Rate of Pay: National Minimum Wage
Powderham Castle is seeking assistants to deliver the best possible experiences within the tearoom. Working closely with the Tearoom Supervisor and the Visitor Experience Team they will deliver the highest quality product for all our visitors, with beaming smiles. The tearoom serves light lunches, the majority of which are pre-prepared, as well as excellent coffee, cakes and cream teas.
- Preparation; To assist with the production of sandwiches, light lunches and some baking ready for the day.
- Coffee Preparation; Using the coffee machine (automated) to prepare hot drinks for customers.
- Till / Cash Handling; Using the till to process customer sales effectively.
- Ensuring Compliant Operation; Acting in line with the policies and health and safety standards expected to deliver food and drink to visitors.
- Quality Control; ensuring a consistent and high standard of products are always delivered.
- Keeping it Clean; Ensuring that all areas of the tearoom are clean and welcoming for customers.
- Responsibility to Respond; reacting to any problems, and rectifying as required.
- Stock Control; rotating stock and informing the supervisor of any items running low.
Contribute to a professional, friendly and efficient work environment.
Experience / Attributes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep calm and remain focused under pressure
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- A passion for customer service
- Experience with cash handling and EPOS systems.
To apply; send your cv and cover letter to [email protected]. For further details please call 01626 890243
Contact Email: [email protected]