Job Title: Housekeeping
Responsibilities: Day-to-day housekeeping within the Castle and Accommodation
• Perform duties as detailed in the housekeeping log and cleaning schedule for the castle and accommodation and ensure that cleaning is being done to the highest standard.
• Report all faults and major repair works to the maintenance team, these are recorded in a log and should be tracked to ensure completion of these projects.
• Complete a daily walk around of the entire house to ensure the house is always presented correctly.
• Make sure accommodation rooms are prepared to the correct standard in advance of use or show rounds and complete a sign off with the Head of Events and Hospitality before guests’ arrival.
• Use natural cleaning products wherever possible, and recycled alternatives when available.
• Environmentally aware and confident using non-toxic and sustainable products.
• Focused energy with a dedicated work ethic.
• High energy
• Attention to detail
• Able to work with, and appreciate, hands-on owners and managers.
• Self-motivated, adaptable to new ideas but able to take initiative when required.
• Professional, loyal, honest, trustworthy and discreet.
• Strong communication skills.
• Able to deliver ‘warm and friendly’ service and share enthusiasm for the delivery of exceptional service.
• Able to work with colleagues and external partners to continually improve experience.
• Ability to work weekends when required.
• Full, clean UK driving license.
Terms of Employment
Place of Work: Powderham Castle, Kenton, Devon, EX6 8JQ
Contract: Zero hours
Hours will vary in accordance with the accommodation and house schedule, the position will require you to work Sunday’s.
Dependent on age and experience
In accordance with hours worked
The successful candidate will be eligible to join the company pension scheme.
Discounts in the castle retail and catering outlets, 10% off at the Farm Shop and country stores, complimentary tickets to events held on the site (subject to availability).
Job Types: Part-time
Salary: £6.56-£8.91 per hour
Contact: Britta Rudner
Contact Email: [email protected]